Peace for Ivory Coast
ABIDJAN PEACE TALKS 2019
11 October 2019
4:00 – 6:00 PM GMT
Institut français de Côte d’Ivoire
The youth are our future. Yet, do we take the time to listen to their voices?
At the Abidjan PeaceTalks, we welcome youth to share their stories and show how they are actively contributing to building the present and tomorrow’s future.
Speakers will share their personal stories around the main theme of the event: “I build the peace I desire for Côte d’Ivoire, what about you?” and will to speak in their personal capacity and not represent an organization or political entity.
Specific objectives of the Abidjan Peace Talks include:
- To raise awareness of the positive role played by young Ivorians in promoting peace by sharing inspirational stories of young people involved in violence prevention and peacebuilding throughout the country;
- To inspire action in daily life and at national level;
- To serve as a platform for good practices in peacebuilding and conflict management among young Ivorians;
- To provide a space for national dialogue between youth and political decision-makers in Côte d’Ivoire about meaningful participation of young people in peace and security in Côte d’Ivoire;
- To impact the youth in Côte d’Ivoire with ideas generated from the Peace Talks on the role of youth in violence prevention and peacebuilding in Côte d’Ivoire.
The Abidjan Peace Talks is a part of the 3 day Youth for Peace (Y4P) Côte d’Ivoire Forum. You can find more information here.
Abidjan Peace Projections: The Abidjan Peace Talks will be recorded and the videos of the speakers will be accessible on this website. In order to bring the voices of the young speakers to a larger audience and maximize the real impact on the Ivorian Youth, projections in popular neighborhoods of Abidjan will be organized during the weeks after the event.